You may have noticed a plethora of Gilmores Girls-themed internet posts lately. This is because GILMORE GIRLS IS COMING TO NETFLIX! This is such a big deal that even the New York Times had to get in on the action.
This is one my favorite shows of all times, folks. I love the shit outta that show. I’ve created more than one fellow Stars Hollow groupie in my day. And while this is a show filled with relatable, lovable characters, I feel especially close to Rory…’cause I’m kind of her. Here are the ways I am like Rory Gilmore:
- We were both born and raised in Connecticut
- We both grew up with single mothers
- We are both very close to our grandparents
- We both got Priuses in college (I bought mine, unlike Rory)
- We both became journalists
- We both have blue eyes
- We both have Asian-American friends who grew up in strict religious households and rebelled
We’re basically the same person. I’ve actually thought about suing the show…but that just doesn’t seem like the Gilmore Spirit.
Anyway, if you haven’t already discovered the wonders of Star Hollow, Connecticut, be sure to binge watch Gilmore Girls ASAP. It is one of the smartest, more literate television shows to even grace the airwaves. And what other show boasts guest appearances by Normal Mailer, Carole King, Christian Amanpour, and Madeleine Albright? NONE!